Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pre-op Day 2

Well, yesterday was not too bad.  All day at work was fine and I wasn't hungry.  I had my coffee in the morning, a couple of bottles of water and one of my Slim Fast shakes.  By the time I got home I was a little bit hungry, but not starving at all.  So, I drank some more water and had my 2nd shake.  So far, so good!  I waited until about 7:00 to have a Lean Cuisine meal for dinner with some more water.  Up until about 8:00 last night I was cruising along with no problems, patting myself on the back and saying, "This isn't going to be as bad as I thought!"  Then it hit!  At about 8:00 I started feeling hungrier than I had all day.  By 8:30 my stomach was growling, so I decided to get my mind on something else and go to bed and watch some TV.  Let me just say that the Food Network is my favorite channel and it is being banned until I have my surgery.  Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives is not the thing to be watching at this point in time!  At 9:00 I got up, looked longingly at the contents of my refrigerator and pantry, and settled for a bottle of water with lemonade Crystal Lite and a cigarette.  (What a combo!)  After that I went to bed and stayed there - until I had to get up 4 times during the night to use the bathroom. :)

So far today has started the same as yesterday.  Not hungry and doing great.  We'll see how tonight goes, though, because that's obviously going to be my weak area.

No comments:

Post a Comment