Friday, May 11, 2012

Shakes

So far I have tried regular Slim Fast (which has too many carbs and not enough protein) in vanilla, strawberry, chocolate and cappuccino flavors, Adkins Advantage vanilla and strawberry, and Muscle Milk vanilla cream.  The Adkins shakes are not my favorite at all.  They don't taste all that great and leave a strange metallic after taste in my mouth.  They also don't stay with me very long.  I'm still hungry after drinking one of those shakes.  The Slim Fast taste really good and fill me up, but they aren't the best shakes to have if you're trying to stay on a high protein / low carb diet.  The Muscle Milk tastes great and is filling!  I have only tried the vanilla cream so far, but it is by far my favorite.  It also has the most protein with 20 grams per serving.  I wish I would have tried those sooner.  They are a little more expensive than the others, but worth it.  They have 170 calories and 7 carbs.  I also bought EAS high protein shakes (17 grams per serving) in strawberry and chocolate, but I haven't tried those yet.  After drinking the first Muscle Milk, I wish I had bought nothing but those! :)  If anyone else is reading this who might be preparing for surgery or is on a high protein / low carb diet, I highly recommend the Muscle Milk!

1 comment:

  1. I had my first EAS Advantage shake today. It was pretty good. Tasted good and I stayed pretty full with it. I still like Muscle Milk better, though.

    ReplyDelete