Tuesday, May 29, 2012

2 Weeks Post-op

The last week has gone OK.  Physically, I feel like I am completely back to normal.  I have no pain or discomfort whatsoever and my incisions are doing nicely and are just about healed.  I am able to eat increasingly more  at a time and do feel hungry between meals now.  I wasn't expecting to feel this way for a couple more weeks out.  I don't feel a whole lot of restriction; however, I still cannot eat much meat.  I lost 3 pounds last week, which is 23 overall, but the weight loss is not as rapid as I had anticipated.  I am tracking my food intake on a website called Spark People so that I can monitor the amount of calories, protein, carbohydrates, and fat I am taking in.  I have used this website before when dieting, and it really is useful to see exactly what you are eating.  For me it helps to see it in writing, all broken down throughout the day.  I am still drinking some protein shakes and trying to eat a high protein - low carb diet.  It's not that easy when the protein options are a little limited right now and mashed potatoes go down really easy.  I had way too much cheese last week and ended up needing laxatives this weekend.  So, I'm focusing more on having tuna, eggs, and cottage cheese for my protein and laying off the cheese now.  And I know that exercise is going to be the key to losing more weight as well as watching what I eat.  Today I start walking! Even if it's just a short distance at first. :)

1 comment: