Sunday, May 20, 2012

5th Day Post-op

Well, today has been a good day.  I am feeling good and almost "back to normal."  I've been off work since having the surgery and am ready to go back tomorrow.  I have lost 16 pounds all together so far since beginning everything.  Not 16 pounds since surgery, 16 since initially seeing Dr. Rohrscheib at the very beginning.  I am happy with the progress I'm making but am still a little disappointed that the 2 week pre-op diet didn't yield more results, but if my scales are right I've lost 6 pounds since Tuesday.  That is impressive!  I don't feel hungry ever.  But I am a little tired of shakes and soups.  My daughter made a frozen pizza for lunch today and I really wanted to eat a piece!  It looked and smelled so good!  But it's still going to be a little while before I can have anything like that.  I have a little over a week left of just liquids and then 2 weeks of eating blended foods (the consistency of baby food.)  Compared to what I've already accomplished, this shouldn't be that hard.  But it's weird how appealing even pureed food sounds right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment