Monday, May 21, 2012

6th Day Post-op - Dr. Follow up

I had my follow up appointment at Dr. Rohrscheib's office.  I am happy to say that my scales at home do not match the doctor's scales.  According to their scales I have lost a total of 20 pounds since beginning this journey (beginning being the first consultation).  I lost 5 pounds before my pre-op visit on May 2nd and have lost 15 since then.  I am so happy about that!  I met with the dietitian again to go over what I can and can't have.  She said I can go ahead and start some pureed / soft foods.  So, I can start having things like applesauce, mashed bananas, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, and tuna now.  She does want me to keep drinking 2 shakes a day and have one "food" meal of which 1/2 needs to be protein.  One example she gave was 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and 1/4 cup of green beans for dinner.  Anything that can be easily mashed with a fork doesn't actually have to be blended and she said meats like chicken, beef, and pork shouldn't really be tried just yet.  I also need to be taking a daily multivitamin with iron and a calcium supplement.  The nurse looked at my incisions and said they look really good and I can start pulling the steri-strips off tomorrow if I want to.  Great visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment