Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pre-op Day 10

Today was a very good day.  Had my usual 2 shakes, a Lean Cuisine Chicken Chow Mien dinner for supper, and 2 hard boiled eggs for a snack, and of course my morning coffee and plenty of water.  I did also have 1 can of Diet Mountain Dew, which is the only soda pop I've drank since starting this.  It's time for bed and I still feel full!  Maybe my body is finally getting used to having less food.  I even put out cookies and cupcakes for the students at work today and didn't feel all that tempted by them.  I got a little frosting on my finger, but instead of licking it off I used a napkin and wiped it away.

The only thing I find discouraging so far is that I am not seeing a difference in my body yet.  My clothes don't fit any looser and I don't feel like I'm losing any weight.  My scales need a new battery, so that is something that is going to be fixed very soon.  I just need some confirmation that all of this is making a difference.  To be able to see even a few pounds gone would really be encouraging.  So, a new battery is of top priority now.  I wasn't all that worried about replacing it before because, quite frankly, I had no desire to step on those scales.  But I think it is certainly a must now.  One good thing, though, is I haven't had the opportunity to weigh myself repeatedly, which can be discouraging from past dieting experiences.  But I am going to keep plugging along!  Surgery day is getting closer and closer!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment