Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day After Surgery

Well, I've made it to the other side!  Surgery went well.  Apparently I gave them a hard time waking up out of the anesthesia.  I guess I told them I was leaving and kept trying to get up.  Of course I don't remember any of that and my mom and daughters weren't in the room to witness it. LOL!  I was in some pain right afterward, but the medicine they gave me worked quickly and I haven't had any real pain since then.  I have a prescription for Lortab Elixir but have not needed to take any yet.  I have to say my nurse, Julie was amazing!  She was so kind and so helpful and even gave me a hug when I was getting in the car.  When I got home I was incredibly nauseous, so I laid down and fell asleep for a couple of hours.  My daughters were great, letting me sleep and offering to bring me drinks.  I felt pretty good, just sore when I woke up and tried drinking some water and then had a little chicken broth.  Apparently I drank too much (about 1 cup), because I actually got a little sick.  So, today I'm just having sips of water and Popsicles.  My orders are to get 80 oz. of fluid today, so I'm just going to have small amounts at a time.  I am not hungry whatsoever today.  Even the little bit of water I've had this morning has made me feel full.  I know that will change over the next couple of weeks, but after being so hungry getting ready for surgery it feels strange to not want any food at all.  I'm still a little sore mostly where the port is, but it just feels like I've done a lot of sit-ups or something.  So, over all, I think this is a good after surgery morning !  My goal today is to get my liquids in - slowly - and move around as much as possible.  So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment