Friday, May 11, 2012

Pre-op Day 12

Just a few more days and I will be having surgery.  I have been feeling really good about how I have stayed on my diet so far.  But, I went ahead and bought some new scales today and weighed when I got home.  I was really, really disappointed with the number that popped up.  I really haven't lost much at all so far.  I am a little discouraged because I don't understand how being on this diet for 12 days hasn't produced some noticeable results!  I know before starting this I was eating WAY more than 800 - 1000 calories per day and tons of carbs.  I have not been exercising, but I honestly thought that just the reduction in food would have had more effect.  Wow.  I'm a little sad about this, but, I'm going to keep following the guidelines I was given and hope that at least my liver is shrinking some like its supposed to.  Surely something good has to come out of these last several days!  If I had just been dieting like this without the surgery being the first goal, I would be ready to just give up.  But, surgery is the first goal and I want it to go as smoothly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment