Friday, May 18, 2012

3rd day post-op

Today has been a pretty quiet day.  I have had a little trouble sleeping at night, which makes me tired during the day.  Today I took a pretty long afternoon nap.  Boy, did that feel good!  The bandages came off today, but the steri strips are still on.  The nurse told me to let those come off on their own and not to pull them off.  The incisions look pretty good.  They still look a little bloody under the steri strips, but clean and there isn't any discharge.  I have 4 small incisions that are about an inch to an inch and a half long and one larger one that is about 3 inches.  The 3 inch incision is where the port is and is where I have most of my discomfort still.  Overall I fell really good, though.  I just have to be a little careful how I lay in bed and getting up is still a little bit sore.  Almost all of the soreness is around where the port is now and the rest of my abodomin feels fine.  I'm not having as much gas today, which also feels better.  I do, however feel a little sickish.  I haven't had the desire to eat or drink at all today.  I know I need to get some fluids in so I'm going to work on that.  Overall recovery is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment