Monday, May 14, 2012

Pre-op Day 15

Last day before surgery!  I am excited!  I am not nervous about the surgery, just a little worried about how I will behave coming out of the anesthesia.  I have never had surgery of any kind or been under general anesthesia before, and I've heard that some people act strangely and I'm hoping I won't be one of those people.  Everyone says not to worry about it and that even if I do act foolish I won't remember it anyway.  I just hope I don't start mouthing off to the nurses or cussing or anything like that.  That would be embarrassing!  But, even if I do, I'm sure I won't be the first or the last person they've seen act strangely.  Anyway, last day of waiting!!  Knowing that the majority of weight I lose from here on out will be permanent is still a bit surreal to me.  There have been so many times I have lost weight and said to myself, "I will never let myself go over _____ pounds again", but obviously that never worked for me.  Now it will, and I think it will take a little while for me to really grasp that.  But I am so ready to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment