Thursday, May 17, 2012

2nd Day Post-op

Well, today is my second day after surgery!  And I know each day is going to be a little better than the last one.  Last night was a pretty rough night.  I wasn't in pain, just really uncomfortable.  I couldn't find a way to lay that felt right and every time I moved it hurt a little bit.  So, I finally got up around midnight and took some of the nasty tasting Lortab Elixer that the doctor prescribed for me just so I could relax and fall asleep.  I was finally able to go to sleep around 2:00.  I think a lot of the discomfort has been gas pains because I am passing a little today and feel better.  Not a lady-like thing to share, but it's the truth!  Ha ha!  Today I get to graduate from water and Popsicles to having the shakes again and some cream soups, yogurt, without fruit, and thicker liquids.  And today is my birthday, so I'm going to try some ice cream tonight to celebrate!  My daughters are going to get a Dairy Queen ice cream cake tonight and I'm just going to have a little of the plain ice cream off the top (no crumbles).  My oldest daughter has been an amazing help to me!  She has been cooking for the rest of the family and doing laundry.  And both of my girls brought me beautiful cards this morning before I was even out of bed!  I am so blessed!  I have a lot of support from my family and friends who have kept tabs on me, too!  Yes, I am a very blessed lady indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment