Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pre-op Day 11

Today is the 11th day of the preoperative diet.  I have almost made it through 11 days!  11!  Wow!  Yeah Me!  Ha ha!  I went off and forgot my shake that I typically have for lunch this morning.  So, I'm just having coffee, water, and just one Diet Mountain Dew.  I hope me liking this soda goes away because I can't have anything carbonated after the surgery for awhile.  Normally this would not be a problem as I am not that big of a soda pop drinker anyway.  Maybe it just feels like a treat right now.  Anyway, even though I forgot the shake I'm still doing OK with hunger.  My stomach isn't even growling today like it has during the afternoons recently.  I'm sure I will be ready for a shake by the time I get home, though.  And I foresee lots of Jello this evening after dinner.  I'm planning on having a bowl of soup beans in place of the Lean Cuisine tonight.  I'm still having trouble reaching my goal for protein intake and great northern beans have 209 calories and 15 grams of protein per cup, so I'm having a cup of beans tonight.  Sounds so good!  OK, I'm making myself hungry just thinking about it now. 

Another day almost done and another day closer to surgery!  I'm getting excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment