Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dr. Visit - Pre-op

I had my pre-operative doctor's office visit today where I had a physical, met with the dietitian, and got instruction from the nurse.  Everything went great!  I was very happy to learn that I can actually have more food than what I have had the last 2 days.  Here is the sample diet I was given:

Daily:  70-80 grams carbohydrates, 70-90 grams protein, 800-1000 calories

Breakfast:  10-15 grams carbohydrates <200 calories
Low carb protein shake

Morning Snack:  10-15 grams carbohydrates <100 calories
6oz glass of tomato juice/V8 or 6oz light Vitamin C rich juice OR
1 C carrots or other raw veggies OR
1/2 C fruit OR
small piece of fruit OR
Special K bar OR
Stick of cheese

Lunch:  10-15 grams carbohydrates <200 calories
Low carb protein shake

Dinner:  20-25 grams carbohydrates, 300-350 calories
Frozen meal (Lean Cuisine, Smart One, or South Beach) OR
3-4 oz lean meat w/ vegetables and 1/2 C starch (peas, corn, potatoes, rice, pasta)

Snack:  10-15 grams carbohydrates, up to 200 calories
Low carb protein shake OR
6 oz of light/no added sugar yogurt and 1 oz mixed nuts OR
3 C unbuttered or light popcorn
1 oz cheese and a small piece of fruit

So, WOW! That seems like a lot compared to what I have been doing!

I also had my pre-op lab work done, a chest x-ray, and an EKG done today.  Everything's set now.  I have to be at the surgery center at 9:30 AM on Tuesday, May 15th.  No other visits or anything until then.  Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment