Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pre-op Day 9

One week from today is surgery day!  Can't believe its almost here!  So far today is going good.  Last night went well, too.  Just a few more days to go and this part will be over with.  I know it's not all going to be fun and games after the band is on, but at least there will be some restriction there and I won't feel so hungry all the time.  At least I hope not!  Ha! 

So, this week at work (I work at a college), we are having student appreciation days.  We are feeding the students lots of yummy treats.  Today they got donuts and bananas in the morning, chicken strips, BBQ chicken, and popcorn chicken, and chips at noon, and we'll be putting out some cookies or cupcakes soon.  How tempting all these goodies have been, but I have resisted!  Actually, it hasn't been that bad.  Only the chicken looked and smelled really, really good. 

At home my youngest daughter has decided the Jello I've been eating in the evenings looks pretty darn good, so we made some sugar free lime Jello for me and some regular strawberry Jello for her to have for desert tonight.  When I buy more I'm just getting all sugar free for everyone.  It's kind of nice seeing my kids wanting healthier stuff now without realizing that it's healthier.  Hopefully that will be a good trend coming out of this as well as my own personal successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment