Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A New Beginning is Just Around the Corner!


Well, today I decided to start a blog about my journey toward having the Lap Band surgery.  I'm hoping writing it all down will help and will really give me something to look back on later.  After 7 years of trying to find the right surgeon and hospital AND have insurance to help pay for the surgery, I am finally 3 weeks away from actually having it.  I'm a little nerveous, but very excited!  I can't wait to start my "new life".  I have been heavy my entire life.  I remember being in the 2nd grade and my babysitter wanting to put me on a diet.  Over the years I have tried just about every diet out there:  Weight Watchers, Atkins, Low-Calorie, Low-Fat, The "Cabbage Soup Diet" - you name it!  With all of them I have had some success.  I even lost 85 pounds the year before I got pregnant with my second child in 2001.  However, the weight always comes back.  I am looking forward to the life-change having the band will be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment