Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Getting Ready

So, in preparing for surgery I am required to go on a mostly liquid diet for 2 weeks before.  The purpose of the diet is to shrink my liver as much as possible because the surgeon has to go past my liver in order to place the band around the top of my stomach.  I can have 2 protein shakes a day and one Weight Watchers or Lean Cuisine meal and all the sugar free / calorie free liquids I want.  I have bought some Slim Fast shakes and tried those a couple of days, but I don't feel that full with them .  So, I'm searching right now for other kinds of shakes to try before I actually "have" to start the diet.  I am thankful that I will get to actually have one chewable meal a day.  I think this part is going to be hard, but worth it in the end.  My "official" start date to begin this diet is April 30th, but it doesn't hurt to try a little bit before then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment