Tuesday, August 28, 2012

3 Months Post-Op

Well, it seems like a long time since I have given any updates.  As of right now I have lost 45 pounds.  The last month has been too easy eating and a very little weight loss.  I have been able to eat pretty "normal" meals and I guess I was enjoying that a little too much.  So, yesterday I went for my second band adjustment.  I have a 10cc band that is now filled with 4cc's of saline fluid.  Boy, is there huge difference!  It's 12:47 in the afternoon right now and I can hardly even drink.  I have been working on the same cup of coffee since 8:30 this morning.  I know that seems a little too tight, but I also know there is swelling after an adjustment.  The nurse told me to only drink liquids last night and to progress to mushy food today.  Well, I can pretty much guarantee there will be no mushy food for me today.  It's a struggle just trying to get a little liquid down.  Every sip feels like I have swallowed a massive air bubble.  I'm just going to try to wait it out.  After being on such a plateau for so long, I really want the weight loss to start again.  I would sure hate to have any fluid taken out of the band at this point, but if I'm still having this much trouble in a couple of days, I'm going to call the doctor.  Hopefully this is just swelling and I will feel better as soon as it goes down a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment